As mercury is rising, one of my favorite Summer 2015 women’s fashion trends is the All White trend. It’s feminine, comfortable and sophisticated.
Ensembles in white, from head to toe are turning heads on ramps showcased by design houses like DKNY, Celine, Carolina Herrera and many more.
A lot of celebrities are sporting this look as well. Check out Jennifer Lopez in All White Belted Shirt Dress or Zoe Saldana’s sexy sheer white shirt and white pants look.
However, a lot of women are unsure about sporting the all-white look and so here are some tips. It’s easy to sport these looks even when you are not a size zero. If a real curvy woman like me can pull it off, so can you!
- You can never go wrong with white lace, so choose a white silk dress with a lace or a crochet border and head for that evening party.
- To add some drama, paint your lips and nails with bright colours – red, fuchsia or orange. Add a contrast bright clutch/ handbag or a shiny belt to break up the monochromatic took.
- You can also put on a white jacket over a white skirt or combine a pair of white denims and white blouse with a brown belt. When the rest of it is a white, you can accessorise with many colours. However, don’t end up looking like a rainbow by using too many colours – focus on one or a same family of colours.
- Here are some more cute looks the celebrities sported this season. How hot is the backless white jumpsuit!
- Classic jewellery goes best with white – so you can never go wrong with a pair of pearl or white metal studded stone earrings or a smart combination of both.
- Black has been and will be my favourite contrast with white. You can carry a classic black leather bag with classy white outfit. You can also incorporate grey in your look by choosing a grey jacket or coat or shoes in black and grey combination.
- Layering with different materials and shades of the same colour makes a unique style statement and also helps to hide some of those extra curves that we are not so fond of.
- One of the best white dresses I have is the white and cream sheath dress. I love it as it’s trendy, comfortable and modern! Match it with cute strappy gladiator sandals for a chic summer look. It also works in Fall/Winter with black boots.
Remember though, there is more one shade of white, ensure you match them well in your ensemble. Look at yourself in different lights and make sure that one white does not make the other shade look dirty. This pristine classic color has always been a summer favorite and is meant for not only the sophisticated fashionista but every woman who wants to look chic and stay cool.
Photo courtesy- Popsugar.com, Enviousfashion.com, Wenn.com, Gettyimages.com